I'm not a big football fan, but I'm nevertheless thrilled that the NFL's Seattle Seahawks are doing so great this year! I just learned from this video that Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate sees my colleague Rolfer™ Russell Stolzoff in Bellingham, WA to help him stay in the game.
Tate speaks to his expereince of the benefits of Rolfing® Structural Integration, pointing to several factors that are common to most Rolfing sessions and clients:
- The benefits of Rolfing sessions are seen pretty quickly, even in the first session, and are cumulative over multiple sessions.
- Rolfing SI is different from massage, you feel different afterwards.
- With a Rolfing session there's great attention to detail and anatomy.
- You feel loose and fresh after each session, even when you use your body hard.
- It's a great component to an overall training regime.
He notes that "you always have to do something to help yourself," and that this is what makes the difference between being good and being great. This shows an attitude toward the body that is good for all of us to cultivate, not just pro athletes. We can do so much to optimize our bodies and lives through good food, bodywork, training, proper sleep, etc.
Tate concludes his comments about Rolfing SI by saying, "Just give it a shot, why not try to find a way to be great?," encouraging others to try out Rolfing SI. What a wonderful endorsement for our profession! Thank you, Golden Tate, and great job Russell in helping this athlete excel at his game!
(For another post and video about Rolfing sessions and the NFL, see this.)