« How Rolfing® Sessions and Movement Work Can Help Musicians | Main | An Astrologer's View of 2011 »

December 23, 2010


Karin Edwards Wagner, Certified Rolfer

There are different types of Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Cafeteria Plans, etc. Many cover Rolfing but some do not (for instance, a limited FSA that is only for dental, vision, and medications).
Some types of accounts let you carry over the money to the next year, while others do not. Each person needs to carefully read the details of their program. Typically these accounts go along with a high-deductible insurance plan.
If you don't have insurance through your employer, you can get a plan through Pacific Source with about a 4K deductible for about $150/month, depending on your age. Especialy if you are self-employed, ask your tax person how to get a tax deduction for the premium and the health savings account contribution. While a high deductible policy will not actually pay for your health expenses in a typical year, it provides financial protection in the case of a catastrophy.
Your Health Savings Account will automatically come with a debit card. You can often request checks as well.

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)